Re: [CODE] [QUESTIONS] Mprog_Delay && Swedish FISH!

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 02/02/99

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Jeremy Music wrote:

>My statement was, paraphrased:
>"Mobprogs are more standard than DG Scripts."
>
>I am not sure what is so hard to figure out about that.
>You name the number of mud codebases that run DG Scripts.
>I can think of 1, Circle.  Let me know what others have gotten DG Scripts,
>even through hand-porting.

I thought I'd interject random things into this degenerating argument.

The gentleman you are beating a dead horse with has expressed an interest
in writing a unique scripting language for CircleMUD.  I thought it best to
write it from a system point of view such that (ack, too much discrete
math) it doesn't conflict with DG Scripts' role, can control basically
anything in the game, and be simple enough that it cannot become a web
server.  No design yet, but I do like the idea of a general purpose
language.  Like maybe attaching scripts to random times, days, rooms with
over 5 people, etc.

>> Oh, and the source is *not* available.
>
>To vie?  Sure it is.

Wrong answer. :)