Re: [NEWBIE] Spells

From: Richard Glover (magik@thegrid.net)
Date: 02/07/99

I'm not going to write the code for you, but this is the approach I would
take.

1) Add the spell to the list in spells.h.  (i.e. SPELL_FIRESHIELD).
2) Increase NUM_SPELLS in olc.h. (If using OasisOLC).
3) spell_parser.c: Add the information about the spell in mag_assign_spells.
4) Add a wear off message in constants.c: spell_wear_off_msg.
5) In magic.c, under mag_affects: Add in a new case for SPELL_FIRESHIELD
giving it a duration and whatnot.  Give it a bitvector of AFF_FIRESHIELD.
6) In structs.h find AFF_ flags and add a new one, AFF_FIRESHIELD to the
end.
7) In constants.c find affected_bits and add FIRESHIELD to the end.
8) In olc.h find NUM_AFF_FLAGS and increase it by one.  (If using OasisOLC).
9) In fight.c find the damage() function and add in a check to see if
AFF_FLAGGED(victim, AFF_FIRESHIELD) then subtract hits from the 'ch' and
send them and the room a message.