Re: [Realy Stupid Question] Level Titles

From: Cj Stremick (stremick@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 02/10/99

On my MUD, we are implementing Vampires as a playability extension.  Sort of
like Re-mort.  More like Post-mort, actually.  They have tons of
possibilities.  Should be fun to play, I think.

I'm not sure about implementing them as races, really.  A Vampire is just an
alternate state of any race.  There could be elven vampires, ogre vampires,
etc.  Calls also doesn't seem to fit the mold.  It's not so much an
occupation.  That's a tough call and I bet it's possible to come up with
good implementations based around either argument.

You going as far as making them hide during the day?  That'd be a pain in
the butt to players, but I guess if you make good enough benefits, that will
be okay.  I haven't decided how this will be handled yet.  We're thinking of
Lycanthopy (werewolves and other were-beasts) as another option.  That seems
like it could be a fun option along those same lines.

-C