Re: [CODE ERROR] Can't figure this out : (

From: Xual (xual@satanspawn.ml.org)
Date: 02/23/99

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Fallen Wolf wrote:

> This is all in act.wizard.c, and I'm not sure what went wrong.  One
> minute it was working, the next all these errors came into being.  It's
> basically stock stuff, too, which makes me wonder what has gone wrong.
> I have even rewritten the entire file, and I got the same error
> messages.
>
> If anyone can give me any ideas on what could be happening, I would
> greatly appreciate the help! :)
>
> *snip*
>
> gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  act.wizard.c
> act.wizard.c:2097: parse error before `if'
> act.wizard.c:2097: stray '\' in program
> act.wizard.c: In function `perform_set':
> act.wizard.c:2213: stray '\' in program

Why don't you post some code... say lines 2090 - 2110 from act.wizard.c
Looking at the errors tells me that theres a "stray '\' in program" but
without some actual code to look at, I imagine we're all at a loss.

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000