Re: [Bug Help Needed] Class.c

From: Fafhrd (fafhrd@greyhawk.org)
Date: 02/23/99

>>Doh, how can I fix this? Cause we're about to add 2 more classes...
>
>Define class as a long instead of an int.  Then, change it in all
>corresponding places in the code.
>
>Chuck

   Chances are, any machine you're using to run a mud on, long == int.
You're simply not going to get 64 bits out of an intel this year.
As for ideas/solutions.... you could use 2 lists, much like many are doing
with aff flags, requiring you to check twice everywhere,  or you could group
the classes (rogue, fighter, etc) and then subgroup them (assassin, thief,
vagabond). This might make for easier checking
if (IS_THIEF(ch) && GET_THIEF_SUB(ch) == VAGABOND).