Re: [Crash] Syslog.CRASH

From: Bill Long (bill@longboys.net)
Date: 02/25/99

big loop...long loop..

it doesnt crash...it shuts down(ie exit(some number))

its gonna be nasty to track this baby down. your best bet, try to find
a consistent "action" on the mud that causes it(it may seem to hang
the mud or lag it terribly) then shutdown, reboot and start up gdb on it
(gdb bin/circle <pid>) then go into the mud, do the "action" again and
see
if the mud hangs.  if it does, do a break in gdb and see which loop you
are in.  then just use your superduper debugging skills.(we all have
them, buried deep down inside)

Kaine LaZaro wrote:

> ok my syslog.crash had these messages at the bottem of the file, can
> anyone interpret them for me?
> Feb 24 23:41:38 :: nusage: 3   sockets connected, 3   sockets playing
> Feb 24 23:46:38 :: nusage: 3   sockets connected, 3   sockets playing
> Feb 24 23:51:38 :: nusage: 3   sockets connected, 3   sockets playing
> Feb 24 23:56:38 :: nusage: 3   sockets connected, 3   sockets playing
> Feb 25 22:00:04 :: SYSERR: Missed 79199 seconds worth of pulses.
> And then it crashes...
>
> James
>
> `Up, Down, Over, and Through, Back arround the Jokes on you!'
>  -- Magic the Gathering

Weather forecast for today: Sunny & Mild
Weather forecast for tomorrow : Sunny & Mild
www.giftsgalore.com : www.longboys.net
telnet://undying.longboys.net:4000 http://undying.longboys.net