Re: [NEWBIE] [WORLD] How to go above 326 Zones max ?

From: Bill Long (bill@longboys.net)
Date: 02/28/99

if you are using linux,

int and long int are the same. but they will give you more than enough
rooms. (whatever 32,000X32,000) is (or there abouts)

its not that hard to do. what i recommend is this. set up theree
typdefs in structs.h
typedef long int        ROOM_NUM
typedef long int        MOB_NUM
typedef long int        OBJ_NUM

then in all the functions that use vnums, replace the sh_int
declarations with the appropriate typedef.
ie sh_int       mob_vnum        would become
   MOB_NUM      mob_vnum

also make sure that you change all the external calls at the
tops of lots of the files.

a good way to do it is to just change a few then run a make clean
then a make and redirect the output from the make into a file so that
you can view it at your leisure
make >& make.log

then go in and fix each instance of the warning you get. if you want
i can do a grep on all my ROOM_NUM, OBJ_NUM and MOB_NUM declarations
which will give you an idea of where to look.

Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Thomas Henke wrote:
>
> The reason that it is limited to 326 is because the maximum number the
> type of variable can hold is 32767, which would leave zone 327 an
> incomplete zone.. just change the sh_int everywhere to int or long or
> whatever you think you'll need.. If I remember correctly, I tried this
> once, and there were a few problems with it. I don't remember exactly what
> they were, so just make a backup to be safe.
> >
> > Is there somewhere a patch what increase the maximum amount of zones (and
> > also the items/mobs/shops/guilds/triggers/quest and so on) ? Or can someone
> > give me some hints what i need to change ?

>      / Brian Williams    /

Weather forecast for today: Sunny & Mild
Weather forecast for tomorrow : Sunny & Mild
www.giftsgalore.com : www.longboys.net
telnet://undying.longboys.net:4000 http://undying.longboys.net