Database Parser 0.1

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/03/99

http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/moving40bpl1.tar.gz
        (346,133 bytes)

http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/moving40bpl1-lite.tar.gz
        (33,851 bytes)

http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/moving40bpl1-lite.patch
        (420 bytes)

The only difference between the two is that one has a copy of the CircleMUD
3.0bpl14 lib/world/ tree in it. (Guess which one.)  If you don't want to
download 346kB, then get the -lite version and apply the -lite.patch.
You'll have to figure out the current place to apply it from or the right
number to the -p option of patch.

If you're curious, it's named that because my desktop computer is named
'moving.van.m-l.org'.  Bad pun, I know.  It's meant for CircleMUD 4.0, and
it's the first release so I kept a CircleMUD-like naming scheme.  I
should've dropped the 'b' since it's only Alpha quality, but eh, no biggie.

        NOTE: THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH GCC OR EGCS.

I'm using GCC extensions for variable argument macros to debug. You
probably also need to be using the GNU C library for it to work.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY A DATABASE PARSER SHELL, NOT A COMPLETE MUD!

Anyway, more than one person was interested so I'll make it public.  If you
don't want to play with it and help, don't download it.

TODO:

* /Berkeley db/SQL/Chris Jacobson/MUD++/ parsers.
* /SQL/Berkeley/Shared memory/ database representation.
* Load something besides rooms.

...and eventually, plug it into CircleMUD 4.0.

When you run '../bin/test', feed it some numbers to get the room pointer
looked up or hit enter to kill the world and exit.

I'll write up API documentation when it's actually stable.  There are notes
in the code already if you can find them. If you can't code, you can at
least comment on the API. :)

Ack, sleep, *thud* ...

--
George Greer