Re: CircleMUD 3.0 beta patchlevel 15 released

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/16/99

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Jeremy Elson wrote:

>Quick note to let everyone know that circle30bpl15.{zip,{tar.{gz,bz2}}
>is on the FTP site now.  Finally :-).  As usual, thank George for
>doing a great job of keeping up with all the submitted patches and bug
>reports.

This should keep most people busy for a week patching things in too. We
broke our old record of 132kB for biggest patch in a single patchlevel
change.  It wasn't something we tried to do, 150kB just sort of happened.
Thus begins the slew of "this doesn't patch cleanly into bpl15, does anyone
have a newer patch" messages.

In the next few days I'll finish the migration of the Ceramic Mouse[1] onto
http://developer.circlemud.org/ and work on a new version of OasisOLC. True
to my previous promise, I'll also release a new version of the zlib server
patch. OasisOLC v1.6b for bpl15 will be nearly immediate, v1.7 will be out
in a week or so, as soon as I dig up the DG Scripts patches I plan to put
in.  Nothing major this time other than a few cleanups.

I'd also like to thank Rick Glover for a good portion of the bug/aesthetic
reports sent in.  At one point he had ~26 messages in a 28 message queue.

Be nice if you find a trivial new bug...[2]

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org

[1] - with 28MB more memory, 4 GB more hard drive space, and unlimited
      bandwidth.  Everything works currently, except the DBI->SQL interface
      for Perl which is, uh, sort of important. :)

[2] - *cough*version*cough*