Linux Platforms (Was: [NEWBIE] More Cygnus questions)

From: Julian Buckley (s348266@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: 03/21/99

> Dont know much about cygnus, other than i got it to work somehow.  anyway,
> linux is between 400MB-1000MB depending on what you put in it, and its
> available from http://www.redhat.com.

I note the failure here to mention the "other" forms of Linux.  i.e.
slackware (www.slackware.org), Debian (www.debian.org?) among a few.  Why
is it that Mud Admins prefer Redhat over any other form of Linux?  I've
heard that "RedHat is easily more configurable etc", but for an
experienced sysadmin, why should this even be an issue?

-Caniffe