Re: ASCII Mail

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 03/21/99

> If i am not mistaken the mail system implemented in stock circle is already in
> ASCII form.  if you will check, it is stored in the file lib/etc/plrmail, not
> in a binary file.
> (I think that is what he was talking about)
        Nope, they're not. They're in a not-ASCII form. :)

> As for adding in the ability to mail objects, there is a patch on the ftp site
> for that:
> ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/obj_mail.diff.gz

        And as is/has/will be probably said, this doesn't do the trick.
I'd just take 5 minutes if you already have installed that patch though,
and instead of adding a vnum (which is how I assume it works), i'd just
have a new directory (mailobjs?) and use the read/write object code
already written in what, objsave.c, to write out to that file as if it
were a rent file.  Shouldn't be more than a 5-6 minute job.

                                                PjD