Re: [SNIPPETS] New site...

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 03/31/99

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Christoffer Lundberg wrote:

> I have gotten a circlemud snippet page up. So far, it only contains two
> snippets, but there will be more, I hope.
>
> It is located at www.orion.boden.se/~avatar/snippets/

I hate to burst your bubble, but it seems as if that URL does not exist on
that server. I get 404 errors when I try to fetch it.

While I'm talking about it, do we /really/ need another snippets page? I
haven't used a snippet in months, but back in my newbie days ('bout two
years ago) I used them like you wouldn't beleive! It was always a hassle
to try and keep up with the 4 or 5 pages taht existed at the time and try
to remember if something new had been added to one that you hadn't already
gotten from another.

George has done such an awesome job with the Ceramic Mouse that I feel
that we need /another/ place to spend our time hunting for improvements
and design ideas. Don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor of supporting
CircleMUD, but I don't feel that a snippets page is the way to do it.

Perhaps you could offer your time to George or Jeremy and help with the
sites that currently exist, or you could work on the documentation that
ships with the distribution.

--
Zeavon MageMaster
Implementor of The Spear of Insanity