Re: Improved editor problems

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 04/06/99

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Nocturnal Occulto wrote:

> Im using the improved editor on patch 12 Circlemud,
> When I try and cut and paste in too long text into the editor
> I usually get String too long, limit reached on message.  Last line
> ignored.
> several times. Then sometimes the mud crash. Anybody had this problem?

A simple solution to this problem is to ensure that every line has a
carriage return at the end, that way you are only sending 80 or so
characters at a time.  Some text editors will do this for you, others will
just wrap one long line.  Some (nice) editors will allow either as an
option.

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000