[CODE][SNIPPET] Exp Tables (Circle30bpl15)

From: Mark Vanness Jr. (junior57@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/01/99

Figured I would share a small piece of code since I have been asking
lots of questions, etc. lately.

I dont know if you all feel the same way as I do, but I got tired of adding
to the level_exp table array after 150 or so levels........  So I wrote a
little
thing to shorten the job.

<SNIP>
int level_exp(int chclass, int level)
{
  int modifier, exp;

  if (level > LVL_IMPL || level < 0) {
    log("SYSERR: Requesting exp for invalid level %d!", level);
    return 0;
  }

  switch(chclass)
  {
  case CLASS_MAGIC_USER:
    modifier = 2;
    break;
  case CLASS_CLERIC:
    modifier = 5;
    break;
  case CLASS_THIEF:
    modifier = 3;
    break;
  case CLASS_WARRIOR:
    modifier = 4;
  default:
    log("SYSERR: Unknown class in level chart.");
    modifier = 0;
  }
  if (level < 5) {
    exp = (level - 1) * modifier * 1000;
  } else {
    exp = (level - 1) * modifier * 3000;
  }
 return exp;
}
</SNIP>

Yes, it is sloppy, yes it probably has bugs, but hey, you didnt have to do
it!

Enjoy
Mark W. Vanness Jr.
Artifact Newsletter - Project Coordinator
TrekWars Administration - Project Coordinator