Strange Echo problem.

From: Fionn Colvin (gavry@ozemail.com.au)
Date: 05/04/99

Heya all,
             just recently for no reason know to me, my mud will no
longer echo a newline after you enter your password with an existing
character, or new password with a new character.

I assume it has something to do with echo_off and echo_on, both of which
I've made no changes to however. :(

When making a new character I get the following:

Give me a password for Bavian: Please retype password: What is your sex
(M/F)? m

Select a class:

<fine from here on>

I know these isn't any code snippets here, so I don't expect any fixes
or anything, just some advice as to where I shold be looking would be
greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance

Gavry