Re: Strange Loop..

From: Sammy (samedi@ticnet.com)
Date: 05/06/99

From: Ghost Shaidan <ghost@ao.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 6:03 PM

> We had this very same problem, running a very modified bpl11 on RH5.0.  I
> couldn't fathom what the problem was, but a look at netstat -a showed LOTS
> of sockets that were in time waits, or closed state attached to our port,
> but that wouldn't go away, even after killing all instances of the mud.

I've also seen this in bpl11 on a red hat system, though I have no idea which
version it was.  If I'd had the motivation to fix it, I was planning on
replacing the socket code with what's in pl14.  Someone else wrote a watchdog
tcl script to shut the mud down when this happens before I got around to
fixing it right.

Sam