Re: [NEWBIE] auto-reboot??

From: Michael Selehov (selehov@starlab.ifmo.ru)
Date: 05/11/99

Hello Christopher,

Monday, Monday, May 03, 1999, you wrote:

CJB> i'm running circlemud 3.0b pl15 on a win98 machine with msvc++.  i have no
CJB> idea how to auto-reboot after crashes...=(  my builders are getting
CJB> annoyed...=(  anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.  if anyone
CJB> know how to get the executeable to re-run after a crash, please explain
CJB> how.  thank you.

I use __try {} __except structure.

in comm.c, in function init_game() make this:

#ifdef CIRCLE_WINDOWS
  __try
  {
#endif
  game_loop(mother_desc);
#ifdef CIRCLE_WINDOWS
  }
  __except(1)
  {
    log("SYSERR: Cought exception in game_loop()! Restarting.");
    exit(0);
  }
#endif

And re-run mud in batch-file. That's all you may need.
(Also you can make same thing with calling boot_db()if your mud
crashes when loading)

Sincerely yours,
 Michael Selehov                            mailto:selehov@starlab.ifmo.ru