Re: [CODE] [NEWBIE]

From: Mark Vanness Jr. (junior57@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/12/99

For future reference please check the CircleMUD Archives.  This question
has come up many times if I remember correctly.

>  *** missing separator.  Stop.
Here is an example...........

act.comm.o: act.comm.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h
interpreter.h \
  handler.h db.h screen.h dg_scripts.h
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) act.comm.c
^^^^ - Make sure the ABOVE is a TAB, not 5 spaces.

>*** commands commence before first target.  Stop.
With this one, it is hard to tell................Look for stray characters,
or
places that should have a tab.......Send me a copy of your Makefile and
Ill tell ya right off the bat what it is.

Mark W. Vanness Jr.
Artifact Newsletter - Project Coordinator
TrekWars Administration - Project Coordinator