ident

From: Fafhrd (fafhrd@greyhawk.org)
Date: 05/13/99

Im having troubles with this package. No one ever has the login name
prepended. I added a bit more logging to the various functions...
  case CON_IDCONED:
    /* connected, write request */

    sprintf(buf, "%d, %d\n\r", ntohs(d->peer_port), port);

    len = strlen(buf);
    if (write(d->ident_sock, buf, len) != len) {
      if (errno != EPIPE) {     /* read end closed (no remote identd) */
        logerror("ident check write (conned)");
        log("IDENT: check write, conned");      // just a dupe of above
message, as I
      } else                                                  // rarely see
perrors
        log("IDENT: check write, conned2");    // I added this one here, and
its the
      STATE(d) = CON_ASKNAME;              // one filling my logs.
      break;
    }

    STATE(d) = CON_IDREADING;

Erik Madison