Re: OasisOLC v2.0-pre7 (another bug)

From: Chris Gilbert (chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 05/15/99

George Greer wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 1999, Chris Gilbert wrote:
>
> >Try changing:
> >  if (obj->ex_description) {
> >to:
> >  if (obj->action_description && obj->action_description !=
> >obj_proto[robj_num].action_description)
> >
> >Took me a while to click, but that's what it was before it was patched
>
> How would that help, and where?

Doh, that should be ex_description not action_description, IE:
  if (obj->ex_description && obj->ex_description !=
obj_proto[robj_num].ex_description) {

The reason it helps is that it the first time around the loop plist is
set to obj_proto.ex_description fine, however, it can be freed later by
the free(thised), so the next time around plist picks up garbage.

The code used to do that when it was in free_obj in db.c, I think it's
just a cut and paste error...

The place is in the free_object_strings_proto function

Chris