Re: [COMPILING] Windows compile: Abbreviations code

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 05/19/99

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Christoffer Lundberg wrote:

> I have tried to add the code for abbreviations on my
> MUD which I intend to run under windows. I get the
> following errors when compiling:

These are warnings, not errors.  There's a significant difference,
especially with Windows compilers that like to second-guess the coder's
intent and annoy him with warnings.

> c:\mud\circle30bpl15\src\handler.c(60) : warning C4028: formal parameter 1
> different from declaration
> c:\mud\circle30bpl15\src\handler.c(60) : warning C4028: formal parameter 2
> different from declaration

The warnings aren't actually occuring at line 60 at all.  And probably not
even in handler.c.  It's simply saying that you have a mismatched
prototype for isname() somewhere.  Go to handler.h and seek out the
prototype for it, and change it to match.  I imagine that it's just a
simple matter of removing the "const" keyword.  Alternatively, and perhaps
more correctly, you can add "const" to the function definition -- which
then brings you back to line 60.  Your pick.

-dak