Re: [CODE] Function to find random targets in rooms

From: Chuck Reed (master@i-55.com)
Date: 05/24/99

>Ok, here is that Hollar :)
>1) add more direction to the TARG_ variables.  Things like TARG_FIGHTERS,
>TARG_HEALERS, TARG_THIEVES, TARG_CASTERS, TARG_NEWBIES, TARG_HIBIES,
>TARG_SWITCH (change targets for each swing), TARG_HIGHHIT (greatest +hr
>in room), TARG_HIGHDAM (greatest damage in room)

Ohhhh, that's a good one :)  I'll put that in too, thanks.

>2)  All of this malloc'ing worries me.  more of a performance issue to me.
>You might want to make an array of struct *char_data targets[30];

Well, this came down to the fact that I didn't want to have a definite
limitation to the number of targets (except that of the machine of course).
9/10 times there are only 3-5 targets in a room anyhow, and I just figured
dynamic allocation would be the prefered method.

Thanks for the input!
Chuck