Re: CODE: name approval

From: Barry O'Mahony (Barryom@VISIO.COM)
Date: 08/05/99

You could Flag their character, and at logon, automatically send them to "PC
Limbo" or somthing.

in structs.h
struct char_player_data {
   char passwd[MAX_PWD_LENGTH+1]; /* character's password      */
   int  Name_approved;
<-SNIP->
};
(NB you would have to change the Save and Load functions to account for this
new data)

then in "interpreter.c" in the "nanny" function
for
        Case CON_MENU
you will see
 if ((load_room = GET_LOADROOM(d->character)) != NOWHERE)
        load_room = real_room(load_room);

you could change this to
 if ( ((load_room = GET_LOADROOM(d->character)) !=
NOWHERE)&&(d->character->Name_Approved!=0))
        load_room = real_room(load_room);
 else {
        load_room = //Whatever your PC limbo is

Thats one way , but I would not advise using any code I may have typed as
its straight from da head :).

Shades B )