Re: [CODE][NEWBIE]: errors

From: Peter Ajamian (pajamian@access1.net)
Date: 08/11/99

Krylon wrote:

> I'm not really sure when my coding went bad, but I've been getting a
> bunch of syserrors. I'm running bpl15.
>
> The errors are:
>
> WARNING: EOF on socket read (connection broken by peer)
> and
> Losing descriptor without char.

<snip>

Usually those errors indicate that a player has left the game without
properly quitting, the MUD tries to read from the player's socket and it
gets an EOF (because there is no longer another computer at the other end of
the socket). So it closes the socket and looses the descriptor (hence the
second message).

Regards,

Peter