Bus Error

From: Ryan LeGros (cerberus3@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/14/99

We are running Circle30bpl16 with OasisOLC v2.0 and DG PL 7a handpatched
into the source on a solaris box. Shortly after finishing the patching, We
attempted to run make. When make finishes compiling and attempts to copy the
new circle binary over the old circle binary, the MUD crashes and dumps
core. We only have limited experience in the use of GDB, but heres what the
dump reads:

warning: exec file is newer than core file.
Core was generated by `bin/circle 4000'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus Error.
#0  0x807a7a3 in circle_sleep (timeout=0x8047930) at comm.c:2445
2445      if (select(0, (fd_set *) 0, (fd_set *) 0, (fd_set *) 0, timeout) <
0)
{

We have no idea how to fix this and any input/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Malevolent of IllusionMUD
http://www.illusionmud.com
malevolent@illusionmud.com