Re: Bug in Player State

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 12/20/99

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Brandon Phelps wrote:

>I don't know why it is doing this but if I'm in OLC (trigedit, medit, oedit,
>redit, sedit, etc...) and I lose my connection, when I try to reconnect
>after I type my name it says "Invalid name, please try again" instead of
>simply reconnecting me to my player.  It ONLY does this when the player
>state is not "Playing" and i've looked at the code and can't figure out what
>to do =(

If your connection lags out but is not broken, you cannot reconnect until
the other connection times out.  This is due to the possibility of
equipment/money duplication otherwise.  If it annoys you, you'll have lots
of rich people running around with hundreds of one-of-a-kind weapons.

--
George Greer            | Shirak's CircleMUD for Windows help
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://shirak.circlemud.net/