Re: MUD Sound Protocol.

From: Chris Field (chrisf@ptd.net)
Date: 12/23/99

Actually, I personally have not seen any unix clients which support the mud
sound protocol.  From what I have seen it is a windows only thing.  Why not
expand the mud protocol for the specific application?

I personally have not seen MSP.  But, why not just make some type of string
and attach it to the char_data structure or the descriptor structure(or
even better char_player_data) that holds the directory path.  There can be
a command "MSP" to modify these settings, and one of the settings could be
directory prefix.  This way a player could have the audio files wherever he
or she desires.  The mud would just take the file name and prepend the
directory path to it.

this way a player with windows can just go
MSP path c:\music\

and one with linux and some magic client can go
MSP path /home/users/mud/music/

and also let's not forget the very nice
MSP off/on toggle for those of us who like clients that do not support MSP

Of course this might require some thought on the part of windows users, and
it assumes that they know what a directory path is.  Therefore this might
restrict the use of MSP to an elite few?  Hmm oh well can't win em all...

--
If a man has talent and cannot use it, he has failed.
                -- Thomas Wolfe