Banning players + resolving ip addresses

From: Brandon Phelps (brando@empyrial.com)
Date: 12/23/99

1. I have slowns turned ON on my mud, not because I have a slow nameserver
but becuase I like the ip addresses better does anybody know of a command
that will resolve an ip into a hostname and return the hostname to the
player issueing the command?

2. A player connected from WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ the other day and was being a
real pain but when I tried to ban him (with "ban all WWW.XXX.YYY.*) after I
disconnected him (ie. purged his player and dc the socket) he was still able
to connect (with the same IP) does anybody know why it still lets him in?