Re: OLC i hope the final one

From: Francis Hotchkiss (fhotch@buffnet.net)
Date: 12/24/99

> From: Daniel A. Koepke <dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM>
> Date: Thursday, December 23, 1999 9:55 PM

> That's why you'd specify to only remove ones that begin a line, as I said
> in the first place (please read more carefully).  There are no lines that
> begin with "+ " in CircleMUD to my knowledge, and,
>
>     % grep -n "^+ " *.[ch]
>
> concurs.  So, as I said, do a Search and Replace.  If MSVC's IDE doesn't
> support regular expressions (it'd be just like Microsoft to not include
> something so useful for developers), I'm almost certain there's a checkbox
> somewhere in there that says, "Match pattern only at beginning of line."

In MSVC version 6 you can search the begining of a line(or other places) by
clicking on the arrow next to the 'search for' field.  Don't know if it is in
earlier
versions though.

Slightly Off Topic:
Does anyone know of any good examples on how to use lex and yacc (or flex
and bison) to write compilers?  The reason I ask is that I'd like to replace
the
stock Circle magic system with a custom spell language I'm developing.
Thanks in advance for any help.

-Steven J Hotchkiss  (aka Astaroth)
Coder on FinalityMUD (finality.com port 4000)