Re: perhaps it is a NEWBIE question but i couldn't find on FAQ

From: Daniel Staudt (dstaudt@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/26/99

//define to enable look at b instead of look at book
//#define SHORT_NAMES
#ifdef SHORT_NAMES

#define WHITESPACE " \t"
  int isname(char *str, char *namelist)
  {
    char *newlist, *curtok;
    newlist = strdup(namelist); /* make a copy since strtok 'modifies'
strings */

    for(curtok = strtok(newlist, WHITESPACE); curtok; curtok = strtok(NULL,
WHITESPACE))
      if(curtok && is_abbrev(str, curtok))
      {
        FREE(newlist);
        return 1;
      }
    FREE(newlist);
    return 0;
  }
#else//#ifdef SHORT_NAMES
  int isname(char *str, char *namelist)
  {
    const char *curname, *curstr;

    curname = namelist;
    for (;;)
    {
      for (curstr = str ; ; curstr++, curname++)
      {
        if (!*curstr && !isalpha(*curname))
          return (1);

        if (!*curname)