Re: Race problem

From: James Cress (j.cress@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: 12/29/99

What I am trying to do is implement races.  I removed the entire block of code
pertaining to races and put it in line by line.  After compiling each line I
was able to narrow the problem down to this line of code:

if (GETPFILEPOS(d->character) < 0)
        GETPFILEPOS(d->character) = create_entry(GET_NAME(d->character);

To give you a clearer picture, the code is from:
http://developer.circlemud.org/documentation/wtfaq/race.shtml

What came up as the error was the '=' sign.  The message read:

interpreter.c(1514) : error C2106: '=' : left operand must be l-value

Really, I haven't a clue!

Khoal