Odd Compiling error

From: Lazarus DragonBlade (realms_of_ankh@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/13/00

Ok. . . I have another odd question. . .

When compiling my mud. . . i came across the following.

--snip--
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-char-subscripts  mobact.c
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-char-subscripts  modify.c
modify.c: In function `string_add':
modify.c:710: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
modify.c:718: warning: passing arg 1 of `fclose' makes pointer from integer
with
out a cast
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-char-subscripts  objsave.c
--snip--
--snip--
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-char-subscripts  sedit.c
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-char-subscripts  color.c conf.h
gcc: Compilation of header file requested
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
--snip--

Yet, when i attempt a second time to compile the system, with no changes to
the code at all. . It compiled without any problems.

This is on a...BSDI BSD/OS 2.  (direct copy from opening shell screen)

using gcc

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks alot,
Dennis