Re: function

From: Jess Heinig (jessh@white-wolf.com)
Date: 01/17/00

  Whoa, whoa! Remember, we're all on this list because we enjoy CIRCLEMud;
we'll get more use out of that shared community than by sniping.
  Newbies need to remember to read the FAQ and to check out the sign-up
information for the list. Although we can and will help people with code, it's
often easiest to check the archives (just about every question has come up
sometime!) and it saves the ire of old-timers. Long-time list residents have
seen these questions come through multiple times and if you catch someone on a
bad day they can get snippy -- "Read the archives!" That starts this repetitive
cycle of jumping down peoples' throats, which eats up bandwidth and isn't
productive. (I know it's not helping me with my code.)
  So . . .

* Remember to post specific instances of code if you're having problems!
* Remember to put [NEWBIE] in the subject if it's a newbie question!
* Remember that we're all in this for _fun_! (I hope. If you're doing this as a
CompSci project, that's your business, but I'd hope that you enjoy CompSci if
you're majoring in it.)

Cheers,
Jess Heinig