Re: CircleMUD's Future (was: Re: Player's position)

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/21/00

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Claude Belisle wrote:

>Regardless of the actual language or platform used, I strongly believe
>that the next generation must include some extensive analysis, with a
>view to ease of extendability. Not to do so will get us again in a
>monolithic program for which those with the necessary knowledge to modify
>the application is an ever shrinking number.

I'm planning on it.

Most of my investigative work has been in the backend while it sounds like
Dak is more detailing the overall system.  There shouldn't be too many
problems agreeing on things.

I'd like to handle the active world in SQL databases, shared memory,
Berkeley DB files, and worse at the same time.  The only "rough"
implementation should be the SQL one since it's so different.  But if we
succeed, we'll be able to use just about anything.

--
George Greer            | The OasisOLC Maintenance Effort
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://developer.circlemud.org/OasisOLC/