Re: Ethics.

From: StormeRider (silk@ici.net)
Date: 01/24/00

At 12:36 PM 1/24/00 +0100, you wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Peter Ajamian wrote:
>
>ObSomethingelse:
>Have someone thought of the posibility to have players have the same name
>(I.e. Two players called Svenn)? As far as I can see, it shouldn't be that
>much of a hassle, but have anyone done any thinking in that
>area? Pros/Cons?
>
>/S

Sure thing on the Con. If you're a PK MUD, then it's a bit hard for you to
track
down harassment reports (unless you're a pure PK MUD where anything goes).
I've seen enough confusion between Atreus and Atreaus on the MUD I code on,
and that leads me to believe that having the same name would be quite open
to abuse.

The idea is an interesting one, but might perhaps be acheived via some sort of
introduction/greeting/appearance code.

--StormeRider

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/OpenICQ/
linux@ici.net                 --- Slackware 2.0.34

ICQ UIN: 2810688

The work I do on this project, any image creating while not at work,
any web designing done for Winds of Storm Web Design, and any
work done on any GPL'd project are not the property of my employer
Winstar iCi and I retain the sole rights to the source unless it is
stated publicly as an open source forum.