Re: Help CORE DUMPED ERROR

From: Ron Hensley (ronh@intercom.net)
Date: 01/27/00

Well if gdb is naff and you cant take the time to learn to debug your own
mud when it crashes, cd into your mud directory and type
  rm -rf *

Seriously though, in order for anyone here to help you, you need to learn to
help yourself.
Noone cam remotely debug your crash. Use the other gdb commands which give a
clearer picture of what code was calling strcat() when the crash happened
Once into gdb as you were before, type
  bt
This will show you a backtrace of the functions there were invoked and which
called strcat, giving you, and people on the list if you provide that
backtrace, a better understanding of the possible cause.

What you are trying to do is find out what function, in what c file called
strcat() when the crash happened, and from there, what was being passed to
strcat which would have made it core dump, and of course lastly, why did it
do this.