Re: Board code from FTP site

From: Peter Ajamian (pajamian@cheapsam.com)
Date: 01/31/00

Sliver wrote:

> I got the board code from the ftp site, and I'm having a small problem
> with it. I tried to adapt it to the new style bpl16 code, but whenever
> you type anything in the same room as the board, the mud crashes, with
> this in the syslog:
>
> SYSERR: malloc failure: Cannot allocate memory

The error is fairly self explanatory, your computer can't allocate
memory that is requested by the MUD.  This means one of two things,
either your running the server at the edge of it's available resources
and ran out of memory, or you have a memory leak which is causing the
computer to run out of memory.

Regards, Peter