Re: Looking for some Scripts

From: Mark A. Heilpern (mark@heilpern.com)
Date: 02/02/00

At 01:33 PM 2/2/00 -0500, you wrote:
>The samples are:
>say, oecho, otransform, mtransform, and wecho (for listing mobs)
>
>I am not saying these are not useful, just would like to see other
>triggers using some of the other commands to get a better idea
>how to use the triggers.
>Someone, way back when, was going to put up a site with examples.
>In which they never did.
>
>I think you were going to do the same??

I offered to place any samples sent to me on my web page. Noone sent
any, however.

> > There are a >few< basic ones in your DG patch; look at 0.trg.
> >

>The return value in the documents seem to be for coder information, not
>builder information. Any way you can make a note of that?
>As a builder, it sounds like I need to "return 1" in order to
>make the trigger work, which is false.

I'm not sure what you mean. Triggers will work regardless of the return
value. What happens AFTER the trigger runs will, in some cases,
be dependent upon the return value. What the return value means,
if anything, is listed for each trigger type in the docs. Most triggers
do not have any useable return value. Those caused by a direct player
action have, through the trigger return value, a means of basically
vetoing the player's action.