Re: Compiling on BSDI BSD/OS 4.0

From: Chris Proctor (cjp@minotaur.labyrinth.net.au)
Date: 02/04/00

Actually, that's not necessarily true.
I ran the mud on FreeBSD for a while, and it _did_ have the crypt library
installed. Whether that is there by default, it was installed, or it's
only in recent releases I don't know, but you have to add -lcrypt to the
compilation flags . . .

Other than that it compiled cleanly.
Be aware that Linux crypt is different to the FreeBSD version, so a Linux
playerfile won't work on FreeBSD, without some hefty conversion anyway.