Re: argument help

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 02/04/00

Patrick Dughi wrote:

> > > For more info type 'man strcmp' at your unix prompt. Not using unix? Search
> > > through the MSVC++ helpfiles and pray that they tell you something useful.
>
> If I remember right, the function in MSVC is _stricmp. If that helps.

the function in any ANSI C compiler MSVC included is strcmp().  If you
look in the file strings.h you'll probably see something like this...

#define strcmp(a,b) (_stricmp((a),(b)))

which basically maps strcmp to MSVCs non-compliant function name.

At any rate, it is always best to use the ANSI function strcmp() so that
you don't have to change it later on if you move to a different
platform.

Regards, Peter