Re: NEWBIE Lives system & Prompt

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 02/06/00

Jerry Billings wrote:

> In a message dated 2/6/00 1:00:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> peter@pajamian.dhs.org writes:
>
> > as for !--GET_LIVES(ch) that actually does several things...
>
> Well it works alright, but it doesnt stop the player from logging back in..I
> tried it by making a new char and then killing him off ten times, when i got
> to 0 i killed him one more time, but it set the lives to 255...

okay, try this...

if (!IS_NPC(ch) && GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT && !--GET_LIVES(ch)) {
  send_to_char(
"As your last breath escapes from your body the gods look over you with
saddened\r\n"
"faces for this soul has been given so many chances at life and has
wasted them all\r\n"
"away.  The verdict is passed down and you are no more.  The only
question that\r\n"
"still remains is one of persistency, will you simply fade away, or will
you\r\n"
"stubbornly come back, refusing to be beaten?  Only you can
decide.\r\n", ch);

  SET_BIT(PLR_FLAGS(d->character), PLR_DELETED);
  save_char(d->character, NOWHERE);
  Crash_delete_file(GET_NAME(d->character));
  sprintf(buf, "%s (lev %d) has died a final and permanent death.",
    GET_NAME(d->character), GET_LEVEL(d->character));
  mudlog(buf, NRM, LVL_PR, TRUE);
  STATE(d) = CON_CLOSE;
  return;
}

If that doesn't get rid of them I don't know what will. ;)

Regards, Peter