Re: *Newbie Treatment*

From: Deja Augustine (PraetorXI@aol.com)
Date: 03/21/00

In a message dated 3/21/00 9:09:59 AM Central Standard Time,
Del@PRCOceana.Corona.Navy.Mil writes:

>  As stated, I feel this list is for discussions on Circlemud Coding, *With*
>  the
>  benefits of a help-desk. This help-desk portion is at the discretion of
>  those who
>  can (and are willing to) answer. When I get stumped and ask a question, I
>  don't
>  expect a response, *I hope for one*. Meaning -> I hope that after I look
>  through
>  all resources, and exhaust my resources, that someone on the list can point
>  me in
>  the right direction.
>  At one time, I got (so-called) flamed and was told to get off my duff and
>  check the
>  archives. Ya know what? I found it and was glad someone put a fire under my
>  butt!
>  Those archives not only helped me in CircleMUD coding, but also helped me
in
>  a few
>  other things as well!!! Where else in the internet can you find results to
>
>  compiler errors and the fix?

I think that's a good point!

Also, you don't HAVE to respond to the list...If you do respond to the list,
please try to at least be somewhat cordial...We've all been newbies at a lot
of stuff, we should all be more sympathetic.

Also, I think that (and I don't know if they do this already, but) when you
join the list, you should get an e-mail that says in REALLY BIG PRINT!!!

CHECK THE ARCHIVES BEFORE POSTING A MESSAGE, You Can Find The Archives

That would help a LOT.

-Praetor