[CODE][SEMI-NEWBIE]

From: Ryan Le Gros (malevolent@mindinfo.com)
Date: 03/26/00

Ok I am trying to modify the whois snippet from the snippet archive on the
FTP site, but I am getting a compiler warning and if i initiate whois from
within the mud, it crashes. So let me start off by pasting the function as I
have modified it:

ACMD(do_whois)
{
  struct char_data *victim = 0;
  struct char_file_u tmp_store;

  skip_spaces(&argument);

  if (!*argument) {
      send_to_char("Who do you want to know about?\r\n", ch);
    } else {
      CREATE(victim, struct char_data, 1);
      clear_char(victim);
      if (load_char(argument, &tmp_store) > -1) {
        store_to_char(&tmp_store, victim);
          sprintf(buf, "%s %s is a level %d %s %s %s,\r\n",
/*        sprintf(buf, "Level: %d\r\nClass: %s\r\nRace : %s\r\nBrand:
%s\r\n", GET_LEVEL(victim), */
                GET_NAME(victim),
                (victim->player.title),
                GET_LEVEL(victim),
                GET_SEX(victim),
                pc_race_types[(int) GET_RACE(victim)],
                pc_class_types[(int) GET_CLASS(victim)]);
<---- this is line 2007
/*              pc_deity_types[(int) GET_DEITY(victim)]); */
        send_to_char(buf, ch);
      } else {
        send_to_char("There is no such player.\r\n", ch);
      }
      free(victim);
    }

}

Ok when I compile this I get the warning:
act.informative.c: In function `do_whois':
act.informative.c:2007: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 6)

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, I borrowed parts of do_char_stat in
act.wizard.c to modify whois. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am
sure its something simple but I am learning C by reverse engineering the
source, not some book. so im not sure what the warning message means

Thanks
Malevolent
http://www.illusionmud.com