Re: Newbie PK/Mobs

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 04/16/00

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Oleg V. Volkov wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 05:54:00PM -0500, Bobby L. Russ wrote:  > There
> seems to be something evading me at this moment.... I have installed the
> Pk snipplet of code that > allows you to set yourself pk if you want to
> pk.  However, it seems that it has spilled over to the mobs.  If a >
> player wants to use agressive spells like Burning Hands on some mobs it
> won't allow it saying "The victim is not > PK-set."  Some mobs are fine,
> but others are not.  Cityguard and most of the mobs in Midgaar are fine.
> Dwarven > worker is not.  Could someone lend me their thoughts as to
> what could be the problem?
>
> Just find function that prints that message and add IS_NPC check to if.

  Most likely this is caused by some structures which mobs and players
have in common - but are used for different things depending on the check
if the person is a mob or not. Your code probably does not differentate
between them.  As he suggested, you could just find where that message is
printed out, and check for npc in that function.

                                                        PjD