Re: limiting the number of attackers

From: Damian Jurzysta (interact@hem.passagen.se)
Date: 05/14/00

Hello bobat.

On 14-Maj-00, you wrote:

b> I would recommend not using a new variable to count up the attackers as that
b> is just asking for trouble(as you've seen).
b> Try simple for loop in the perform violence code that checks to make sure
b> there are always 6 or less attackers. It won't use too much cpu time I don't
b> think. This way you save on memory usage, have a smaller playerfile, and
b> you're ALWAYS sure who's attacking whom and the exact count.

wont I still need a variable to check that? besides, it wont work with skills
like bash, kick and backstab. the playerfile is no issue here, I dont save the
variable attackers. that would be quite pointless. memory is no big issue
either, attackers is defined as a byte.
--
/Damian/