Re: Spammed off (was Nope, No OLC)

From: Tony Maro (tony@maro.net)
Date: 05/15/00

>         I was playing with my own home-grown map-type code, and I noticed
> that some of my testers would be spammed off if the map was sufficiently
> large, and they were moving rather quickly.

You mean disconnected?  Seems to be more of a client problem or a TCP
stack problem than the MUD.  I have seen it before using standard Windows
Telnet, but when I switched to ZMud it went away.  Never saw the problem
from a Unix telnet session.

The players solution on the MUD I encountered this on was to set to brief
mode before any fast wilderness travel.

If I'm off base, sorry.

-T