Re: Delay skills

From: Benjamin Draper (satrycus@drachenburg.demon.co.uk)
Date: 05/24/00

Alex Mann wrote:

> Hi I wanted to add
>
> send_to_char("blah")
> delay(100);
> send_to_char("blah")
>
> To make my skills and spells more interesting by giving the cast stages
> which are time delayed.

 What you need here is an events system, there are a number of them
available on the CircleMUD ftp site, but by far the best is the DG
Events package. If you have the time, take a look at the Death's Gate
code as well, as Eric Green et al did a great job of working events into
the spell system, and it sounds as though this is pretty similar to what
you're after.

-> Ben