Rankings instead of Levels

From: Michael Gallagher (m_gally@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 06/11/00

I was thinking of putting a system into my mud whereby Players get a mud
ranking. A Ranking of of all the players on the mud, this means a new
player would be 300 out of 300 for example, and the next highest player
would be 299 out of 300. With this i would "hide" the level system, this
seemed like a simple procedure and I was going to have the ranking run off
exp also, so players of the same level could be seperated out. I would have
run it solely off exp but we have a training stats system. When coding this
i realised I was going to have to hide exp also, this had much larger
implications.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the idea.
Subliminal