Re: Makefile warning

From: Chris Gilbert (chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 06/15/00

> Jan Pedersen wrote:
>
> Anyone know what this warning is about ?? im using 30bpl17
>
> make ../bin/circle
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jtp/circle/src'
> make[1]: *** Warning: File `../bin/circle' has modification time in
> the future (
> 961102775 > 961086818)

ooh time skew, is your clock set right/Have you altered it? out by over
15957 seconds (about 4 and a bit hours).  I might be doing the numbers
wrong

> gcc -g -O2 -Wall    -c act.informative.c -o act.informative.o
> make[1]: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be
> incomplete.

This is warning you that some file is in the future, Make works by
checking the date/time on files, so your clock must be about right.  Do
you dual boot to windows? that can cause odd effects with date/time :)

Cheers,
Chris

PS can you please stop sending HTML emails (some option somewhere in
Outlook express turns it off)