Re: [CODE] gethostbyaddr

From: Martijn Schoemaker (martijn@osp.nl)
Date: 06/27/00

Hi,

Know what ya mean, just log in al Imp and type 'slowns' (slow name-
server, which is your prob.). This will make the MUD not want to
look up ip adresses and eliminate your problem.

You can also try to set the resolving of the system your MUD
runs on to a faster, more reliable nameserver. (On unix this
will be /etc/resolv.conf) Or for the real hero, set up a
caching-only DNS on your MUD's machine and resolve via that
one.

Good luck,
Martijn